Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tell the NYTimes What YOU Think About Their Editorial!

Calls to action aren’t always meant to stop bad things from happening. Sometimes we act to show our thanks or support. The New York Times has greatly increased its meaningful coverage of LGBT issues, especially family issues, over the last few years.

Just a few days ago the NYTimes penned this eloquent editorial on Arkansas’s Act 1, the ballot measure that banned all unmarried, cohabitating couples (including all gay and lesbian couples) from fostering or adopting children in the state.

Join the Family Equality Council in praising the NY times for their positive coverage and editorials of LGBT issues.

To submit a letter to the New York Times, follow these guidelines from their letter submission page:

Letters for publication should be no longer than 150 words, must refer to an article that has appeared within the last seven days, and must include the writer’s address and phone numbers. No attachments, please.

Send a letter to the editor by e-mailing letters@nytimes.com or faxing (212)556-3622.

You may also mail your letter to:

Letters to the Editor
The New York Times
620 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018

1 comment:

CrackerLilo said...

Oh, I did it! I sent them a short, sweet e-mail minutes after I saw it! I'm with you here--you have to give positive support when media outlets and companies do something right as well as criticism.

On that same principle, I did the same for my beloved Pepsi, since the AFA has initiated a boycott based on their LGBT-friendliness. I sent their CEO, Indra Nooyi, photographs of all the empty Pepsi-brand cans and bottles in my recycling and all the cold ones in my fridge by snail mail, too.

Post a Comment